Thursday, September 20, 2012

Down to Normal

The honey moon period has now worn off.  For some of us it means that they finally feel comfortable enough to talk to me.  For others it means that they are now "letting it all hang out".  Either way it means they are finally feeling like they belong. 
Some of the kids are incredulous that I would ask them to clean up and they keep looking around for the person that should be cleaning for them. It happens every year and I haven't lost one to shock yet!  I am proud to report that they are all able to clean up after themselves now and a wield a rag with the best of them. Some may just need a little more coaching than others...... I feel that children should be responsible for cleaning up after themselves, helping out around the room and generally doing their part in our room.
Sometimes if a situation warrants it I will put a student in time out.  This may happen in or out of the room and it gives them time to cool off or think about how to fix it next time.  I always make sure to chat with them once it is done and ask/tell how it could be better next time. 
They have already changed so much and are starting to learn the routines of the room.  You may have seen that your "baby" is suddenly so grown up.  I know I think that about mine for sure. 
You should be proud of your child,  they are doing their best to be well rounded members of our school community!

No comments:

Post a Comment