Thursday, November 4, 2010

What we Learned - Kids Eye View!

I asked the kids to tell me all the things they have learned so far. I left this very openended and the following are things they told me, in their own words.
  • Do work when Mrs. Hunter says.
  • Sit down after recess.
  • No hitting people (no smacking too!)
  • Hang your coats up.
  • Listen to where you need to be.
  • Clean up your mess.
  • If you are bad you need a time out.
  • Don't cut your hair with scissors.
  • We are five and we put our coats on ourselves (this is really what they said! No editing.)
  • If its winter, wear ski pants.
  • If there's a fire, we have to go outside to the big yellow slide.
  • Don't go on water if it is not cold enough because it can't hold your weight and it will break!(learned that lesson the hard way I guess!)
  • Put your name on your paper.

I found it very interesting that not once did they tell me they learned letters or counting. They are learning these and that is clear in the everyday activities that we do.

I love that they are able to actual use all these rules and need few reminders. They really are getting to better at self reliance.

Good job Kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment