Thursday, November 18, 2010

Red Blue and Yellow

Sorry in advance if some of your children came home with paint on their faces, clothes or other parts. See below for an explanation!





We have spent a good amount of time this year painting but all the painting so far has been very prescribed with an end result in mind. Today I put red, blue and yellow paint out and told them to go to town. I did a short tutorial on what you could do with all the supplies and then I told them to have fun. And the fun they had!
They rolled marbles in paint, they blew colours out of a straw, they stamped things and they had a ball creating and telling. Pretty soon they learned that out of blue and red and yellow come a whole bunch of colours.
  • Red and yellow make orange!
  • I made purple!
  • See my castle!
  • See how high my tower is!

Some had to be reminded that when you are blow painting that you have to blow the paint not suck it up and that walking on paint makes stamps on the floor. They worked together to make sure the masterpieces would dry in one piece.

I hope that they come home to tell you all about their painting experiences and that their need for making messes is taken care of for at least a couple of days.

We had fun! The masterpieces will be home when they dry!

*** Blogger was not being my friend with pictures today. Sorry they are out of order and not all the ones I wanted got added.













No comments:

Post a Comment