Friday, November 19, 2010

What the kids are saying

You may have noticed that I have been sending home art and activities that have writing written on or attached to it. Why?
Whenever I have the chance I record what your child had to say about a certain activity exactly as they say it. If they dont have much to say I will encourage them to tell me more. But the recordings are exactly that. Recordings. Exactly what your child said.
When your child brings an activity home ask them what they did or what they can tell you about a page or project. Are they talking in full sentences? Are they about to explain clearly what they did? If they are unclear to you it makes conversation and descriptions very difficult. If they are unclear take the time to expand on what they are saying and tell them what you know or see.
Enjoy your weekend! I am sending home 14 very tired children who survived 4 days of Kindergarten this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment