Thursday, November 4, 2010

Team Work

Today in centers the kids were showing me the entrance to a dog house that they were building. I asked them where the rest of the building was?
They didn't have an answer so I showed them that they could make a big building quick with the straws and connectors.



Once I got them started I let them go. They learned that you can get a wall done quickly if you work together and were soon telling each other how to be more efficient. One of the kids got ahead of the others and students in other groups were telling them how to fix the problems.


You could sense the excitement of the students when their tower got bigger and bigger. As I write this the back wall of the structure is about 5 feet tall and they are still going strong. I let them leave it up to continue next day.
Good team work Kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment