Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back at 'er!

Well on a positive note, we are lucky to only have two days of school before our first weekend.  And man, we will need that weekend!  So glad to see all my little peeps excited to be at school. 
I am sure that some of them grew an inch over the break! By 10 they had all crashed and begged for centers (that hasn't happened since late September). We are starting 2013 with a bang and will be working hard as they are ready to go!
Couple housekeeping items for the coming weeks.
  • Please ensure that you send your child in toques, coats, ski pants and mitts appropriate for time outside.  Finger mitts (stretchy knit ones) will not be sufficient for cold days and your child may have to miss out on recess and stay seated at their desk during recess if they are not dressed for the weather.  
  •  Please let me know if your child's regular plans have changed.  If I do not hear from an adult they are going to be sent to their regularly scheduled after school activity.  
  • Please check at home for library bags.  Some have gone missing and need to be found.  Library books do not go home without them.  Consider it their life jacket.  
  • Please let me know if your child has money for concession.  Sometimes money comes to school that I am sure that parents don't know about.  If there is something specific you want them to have please tell me.  Sometimes they want to eat the treat they get before the healthy lunch that you have packed.... and then are sad when they are hungry an hour later.  I will be willing to be the lunch police but I need to know that I am policing or what I am looking for.  
Thanks for the lovely thoughts, gifts, cards that I got this Christmas.  I hope that each of you were able to spend some time with family and friends and recharging.  Have a great Thursday and can't wait to see your child on Monday. 

Secret word is resolution.  Write this word in your childs agenda and I will put their name in for a draw.  Let's me know who is listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment