Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Slowly but surely.....

I am so ready for spring...... 

Today the kids and I were on the search for spring.  We found mud, some green blades of grass, "fragile snow glass" and saw that the ice is beginning to melt on the slough.  We had a great time.  When they looked back to the school they were sure they had run a marathon that's how far they thought they were from the school. 

This afternoon we started to learn about plants and what plants needed.  They were quick to tell me that if you put a plant in the cupboard it would die.  We have planted some spiderlings off a spider plant and they are eager to water them each day they go to school. 
A race across the field.


They loved to "walk the plank!"

The view from the ball diamonds.  We will come back in a couple of weeks to see the changes. 
These tires were a hit.  That was when they realized how far they were from the school. 

My little gardeners.
Here's hoping for some sunny warm days.  The kids laugh at me when I am wearing capris to school but I officially call it spring!


Be sure to continue practising your letters and numbers with your child.  I will be testing again next week. 

4 comments:

  1. Kolbi has been telling me all about his plant, and his outside journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is why Kahli was so tired yesterday.

    ReplyDelete