Friday, November 4, 2011

Part of my job

Most of my job as a Kindergarten teacher is to teach the ideas laid out in the curriclum.  Things like the alphabet, counting, recognizing number sets, changes in our environment, etc.  But there are things that I teach that are also as important as the curriculum guidelines. 

One of my jobs as a Kindergarten is to teach your child self reliance , confidence in themselves,   ability to problem solve, and deal with difficult situations.  It is not always easy to sit back while a student struggles with a task that they deem too difficult as it would be easier if I did it for them.  I know that these small struggles are what makes them more confident and self reliant.   I am the first to cheer with them when they do succeed and it warms my heart when they do so.  I love to hear when they are able to tackle a task thought to be too difficult and the sight of them with the look of excitement of their face is something that brings a tear to my eye every time. I am proud of all them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment