Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to School - January Style

Happy New Year to you all.  I am so glad to see that the students had a restful (hehe) break and have come back to school energized and ready to learn.  I think some of them have grown two inches over the break.  January is a time of tremendous growth in Kindergarten (seems they have little else to put their minds to at this time of year!).  I will be testing the kids again to see where they are with letters and numbers.  If I have any concerns as to the rate they are learning them I will let you know in the coming weeks. 
We are continuing to work on wating to speak and not to interrupt when others are talking as well as speaking in full sentences.  I know that many of you already expect this at home and I thank you for that. 
I hope that your first week back in the school routine goes well and I will talk to you soon.
Thanks to those parents who have sent cans and boxes of food (empty) to school to fill up our grocery store.  We still need more grocery items to round out the store so any others items would be greatly appreciated. 

1 comment: