Friday, September 17, 2010

Center Time

Many people ask why we have centers? Do they really need to play that long?

As I sit and listen to the children as they work through the centers I see all the things they are learning.

They are learning to get along with others, to plan how they are going to plan and compromise when two people have different ideas, they are playing imaginatively and playing together with others. They are working on fine motor skills, making and creating and playing in ways I have never thought possible. They are learning to clean up when they play and to make sure to do their fair share. And all through this they are talking. Back and forth, discussing and making plans.

I am proud of the gains that the have made already and I love to see them blossoming into exciting little learners.

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment